3/365 : No HP Sauce?


Andy and I took the train into Bolton today to have a walk around. This picture is of Bolton Town Hall, we were standing in Victoria Square.

Andy would not stand next to me as I took it... he says in doing this blog I am going to look like a year long tourist. Oh well... I told him he will just have to stand off to the side then! : )

Don't let the clear blue sky fool you.. yes the sun was out but it was still only about 48f/9c! It was a beautiful day and since my lovely six umbrellas had to be shipped to me via USPS (we ended up needing another suitcase as we had more stuff then we thought) I was glad that it did not rain. Although my umbrellas should be here sometime next week and I am sure it will rain before they get here. I'll have to make do...

We also ate lunch in a little cafe (what I would call a 'greasy spoon'). They had jacket potatoes (just large baked potatoes) although they had some weird stuff on top of them! Things like tuna.... sweet corn.... I ended up going with a bacon barm (bacon sandwich on a large white bun) and chips (french fries). Andy had a sausage and egg barm and chips.. although he said it would have been better with some HP Sauce but they wanted you to buy a little packet of it for like 10p. I told him we could afford that but he said it was the principal of it.. Then we passed a few more cafes during the walk and he pointed out that they all had ketchup and HP sauce out on their tables. : )

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Meg said...

Matt is a bit the same with my picture taking. I wanted a photograph inside Tesco Express last night of the Princess Sparkles White Chocolate Iced Lolly Making Kit, but he rushed me away from the endcap saying, "Don't be mad." Granted, they were dimming the lights and getting ready to shut, but still, it would have taken two seconds. He was so embarrassed!

Silly British men (who we still love dearly). We can play tourist if we wanna, hehe.

Anonymous said...

OK...I think I'm missing something, or just daft at this late hour...what the heck is HP sauce?!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I was here, wonderful pictures, miss you!