75/365 : Short Days


This photo was taken at 8:00am this morning. It still amazes me that the sun does not even think about coming up until at around 8:20am during this time of year.


This photo was taken at 3:30pm this afternoon, just as the sun was setting. So today we had about 7 hours of daylight. Not bad!

I know that most people here complain about the short days but honestly they do not seem to bother me that much. Plus I remember when Andy and I were here in June back in 2000 and I was amazed that the sun came up at around 5:00am and did not set until around 10:00pm. So the sun gets to take some hours back in a few months. It will work itself out in the end.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Helen said...

I love the look of the light in your morning photo. I know it's very dark at that time of the day, but it gets light very quickly! We left the house at 8am today, and it looked very much like your pic. But by 8:15, it was bright!

Rob and Aimee said...

Love the first pic. Nice starburst action!

However, I'm very confused...

How is it that the sun rises and sets in the same place?! (I know I know, I'm such a westerner! ;))