78/365 : A Love Hate Relationship


These are the sockets in our house. From the places I have been in the UK so far they seem to be pretty common.

As the title has suggested I have grown to have a love / hate relationship with these. I do like that each outlet has its own on and off switch... but I also hate them because I find myself plugging something in, such as the vacuum and when I go to use it I remember that I did not turn on the outlet. This then makes me walk back to the outlet, grunting and cursing under my breath and having to turn it on. The worst is when I turn on my straightener only to come back to find it off and stone cold. *ugh*

I know what you all are thinking though... you are wondering why I don't just leave them all on. I did try this but there is just something about that off button. If I unplug something from the outlet I just can't leave it turned on. It is honestly the weirdest thing.

I am sure after a while it will just become second nature to remember to turn them on but for now I suspect there will be plenty of cursing under my breath as I walk to turn it on.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Meg said...

I'm with you on this. In fact, it's commonly my straightener I forget to check on -- to see if the switch is on. Also, I'm not a fan of how (at least here) there is only ONE outlet per room. Back in the states, there was at least one "double" per wall.

Rob and Aimee said...

The vision of you getting to your vacuum only to have to turn around and go back to the outlet made me giggle. :)

Elynor said...

Don't worry, my English officemate had a switch issue a couple of weeks ago! Tee hee!