135/365 : Happy Birthday To Mark!


Mark is a co-worker and he sits right across from me. Today was his 40th Birthday so there were banners and balloons put up all around his desk.

I only worked 9:00 - 3:00 today so that helped me with my happy mood but I am getting a bit worried as I have had a bit of a cough starting and I do not want to be sick. Andy and I have the next three days off and the last thing I want is to be sick during our time off. *ugh*

When I got home from work I started to call around for a place to go get my hair cut and coloured tomorrow. Well guess what? It is not as easy as it is in the US. Apparently here you can not just walk into a place to get a colour you have to first make an appointment to have a skin test performed and then if all is good to go you can go back 48 hours later to get the colour. What the heck? Who has time to do this? I called at least 10 different places and they all operate like this.

Could you imagine if in the US you had to do this... I honestly believe that nobody would bother. The number of times I had decided to get a new colour and just walked into the mall and into a hair salon is countless. But no such spontaneity now.

Well they have lost my business I will just go buy a box of colour and do it myself. I just can't be bothered to go thru the hassle. Crazy.

Below is a link to some more photos that I took at work today. Don't mind the ones of Chris Peake... he acts as if he does not want his picture taken but deep down he loves it. Not everybody in my team was there today so next week I plan on taking their photos and will update the album.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: