170/365 : Two For Joy


So today I was in the middle of a call at work and I looked out the window and there were two Magpie's sitting in the tree outside.

Being the great multi-tasker that I am... I was able to (while still carrying on a conversation) get into my bag, take my camera out and snap this photo before they flew away. It is a little blurry but I only got the one chance at the photo so I am glad I caught it.

My co-workers told me that when you see a Magpie you should greet him/her by saying "Good morning Mr. Magpie". There is also a rhyme:

One for sorrow,
Two for joy,
Three for a girl,
Four for a boy,
Five for silver,
Six for gold,
And seven for a secret never to be told,
Eights a kiss,
Nines a wish,
Tens a bird you should never miss.

So... thankfully there were two of them!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: