Year Two 85/365 : Avatar


This is the beautiful Christmas table runner that Laura M gave me as my Secret Santa. How perfect is this for me? It's country and the colors are wonderful. Thanks again Laura... you did very well!

Andy and I were scheduled to work from 9:00am - 5:00pm today but we were told we could leave at 1:00pm and this made everybody very happy. Now I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday the 29th. Yay!

We stopped and did some last minute food shopping and then when Andy and I got home we were talking about what we wanted to do with the rest of the day. We checked the movie listings and decided to try to make it to the 3:20pm showing of Avatar 3D. Thankfully when we got there it had not yet sold out so we settled in our seats for the next 3+ hours.

What can I say about this movie? Honestly the only words that come to mind are beautiful and stunning. I don't care how long the movie is at the end I was wishing for it to continue. The graphics in this movie are like none I have ever seen before. Of course the 3D effects help bring everything to life right before you but it is more than just that. I was glad to see that not only did they focus on the look of the film but I also quite enjoyed the story which was a nice surprise.

I can not recommend this movie enough. I strongly suggest the 3D version as it is not gimmicky as in 'here let me reach for something off camera so that my hand can come out at the audience'. The 3D is there to bring the beautiful things around the characters out to the audience so that they can experience them also. Although if you can not catch it in 3D I am sure the 2D version is just as beautiful.

High: 39°
Low: 38°
Forecast: Increasing Clouds
Sunrise: 8:26 AM
Sunset: 3:55 PM

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: