It's Been A Hot One!

Well today (for England standards) was a scorcher! The highest was 75° with the sun shining bright... thankfully the weather says it is going to start cooling down tomorrow and there might even be some rain.  Yay!

So I figured I would give everybody a glimpse into where I have been spending a lot of time lately...


As you can see... This is my treadmill.  Of course I have a much needed fan pointing right on me.  I have my iPhone plugged into speakers next to me.  I don't listen to music though, this is used for my Couch to 5K application, it tells me when to switch from walking to running.  Instead of listening to music I choose to watch TV which honestly seems to make the time go by really fast.  I use the time to catch up on all of my shows, right now I am catching up with Brothers and Sisters.

Today I also bought some cool new wrist weights.


They have nifty little thumb holes that make it so that they don't slide up and down, which can really hurt.  They had two sizes so I went with the smaller ones for now, they are just over 1 pound each.  I was surprised at how much I actually felt it when I was walking.  I didn't use them while doing the C25K (Couch to 5K) Week 1 Day 2 as I don't need any extra weight during the running portions right now!  But after that 30 minutes was over I continued on walking for another 47 minutes so that I could make it to 4 miles so I used them then.  Yes.. Me.. 4 miles.. It's crazy! I hate walking, but again I come back to the TV, it makes it so much easier to just focus and watch it.

Here is how it ended up...


The distance is in Kilometers and not Miles so I always have to convert it but I have already remembered what 2, 3 and 4 miles are so that is all I really need to know.

Tomorrow will be a rest day so that on Monday I can attempt C25K Week 1 Day 3.  But even more exciting than that... Andy and I only have 5 days of work left until we are off for 2 whole weeks! I am so excited to have 16 days off in a row... And that will be filled with tons of football watching, I am SO excited for the World Cup!!!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Meg said...

How far are you on B&S?