269/365 : In The Lakes


Today Andy and I drove up to the Lake District to spend the day.

We started out by going to the South Lakes Wild Animal Park, which I must stay was a blast! The above photo is of Andy feeding one of the giraffes. As much as I was looking forward to feeding the giraffes I have to say that was not my favorite part of the day. Andy and I fell in love with a little Wallaby and would have taken him home with us if we thought we could get away with it... just SO cute!

The Tiger feeding was also amazing. To keep them wild and fit they put pieces of meat up six meter high poles and then have them climb up to get it. I was able to get a video of one of them going up the first pole and then photos of them going up another. I have posted the extra photos from the day and the video below.

More Photos From The Animal Park

Tiger Feeding Video

After we were finished at the animal park we drove a little bit further north up to Lake Windermere. We ended up stopping in Bowness-on-Windermere and took a nice cruise around the lake. Even though it was sunny all day it was quite cloudy over the lake. It looked like it wanted to rain but it never did. The cruise was nice and cool and it was a beautiful place. I was amazed when we got back into the car and it said we were only an hour away from home. Now that we know it is only an hour to Windermere we will have to plan another trip up there soon. Maybe next time we can rent a boat to go out on the lake ourselves.



High
: 71°
Low: 53°
Forecast: Sunny with Afternoon Clouds
Sunrise: 4:42 AM
Sunset: 9:44 PM

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: